Sunday 12 January 2014

Cover Letter


To whom it may concern,

I’d like to introduce myself to you as an applicant for the Fine Arts program at your institute.

My life has revolved around art for as long as I can remember. I view the world as merely a series of colours and shapes, finding beauty in the simplest of objects. The clammy feeling of clay between my fingers, the sound of graphite being dragged over paper, and the dynamic juxtaposition between lines and splashes across a canvas not only captivate my attention, but also bring a sense of relaxation to my entirety. The ability to lose myself while producing my own art or observing the work of others has lead me to the conclusion that what I desire most is a life involved in art.

Though art consumes a large part of my life, I posses many other strengths that help me in almost any situation whether it’s at school, at work, or in social situations. I am very detail oriented and when it comes to organization, it is easy for me to look at the “big picture.” Additionally, I posses a refined ability to problem solve. I am a quick learner and work well with numbers and languages. I also enjoy taking on my own projects and the leadership involved with that. Currently, I have accumulated over 125 hours of volunteer service at The Village By The Station, (a local complex care and assisted living facility). Most of my work there has been art-oriented. Some has even been recognized throughout the entire organization.

I'd like to earn my MFA, Masters of Fine Arts, then pursue a career in the film industry as a graphic designer. Eventually my hope is to become an art director, who is recognized on an international level. I hope to continue to produce my own pieces as well. Teaching others is enjoyable and my MFA may help me pursue a teaching career in time. 

Thank you for taking the time to oversee my application,
Sydney Askeland

No comments:

Post a Comment